A Post Doctoral Associate position is limited to a term of one to two years, with a research portfolio that includes projects led by a Senior Research Scientist or Research Scientist, as well as smaller self-initiated projects. Self-initiated projects should be based on needs gathered from the business units, areas of expertise available in the labs, and knowledge of the research frontier. Typical responsibilities of a Post Doctoral Associate include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with experts and executives in Disney’s businesses to identify research problems worthy of research investment.
- Independently conceive of and propose research problems that are relevant to Disney’s businesses.
- Conduct research inspired by those problems.
- Conduct research directed by an assigned Senior Research Scientist or Research Scientist.
- Present research problems, plans, and results.
- Document research in internal reports, peer-reviewed publications, and patent applications.
- Work with Disney’s businesses to commercialize research results.
- Provide expert consulting to various business units of The Walt Disney Company.